- Start date : As soon as possible
- Duration : unlimited-term contract
- Report to: President
- Type of contract: CDI
- Location: Paris
EOLFI is a company specializing in the renewable energy sector for floating offshore wind, onshore wind and photovoltaics, developing its own ENR solutions, on behalf of third-party investors or in partnership with local authorities. EOLFI is an operator with a global offer and manages projects in France and abroad.
Since December 2019, EOLFI has joined the Shell Group.
Job description : Purpose and accountabilities
We are now looking for a Quality Manager (m/f) for our Business areas (onshore Solar/PV and offshore floating Wind). This role is expected to cover both Quality Management System implementation and actively support onshore/ offshore projects during design, construction and operational phases as required. The candidate will support, coach and challenge both internal and external project teams. The Quality Manager reports to the General Manager Floating Offshore Wind.
The Quality Manager will:
- Define and implement a Quality Management System based upon ISO for Shell-EOLFI
- Deliver direct support to different project teams across our On- and Offshore projects portfolio
The position reports to the General Manager Floating Offshore Wind and On- and Offshore project managers when allocated to projects.
The role is to be located in Shell-EOLFI office in Paris and will frequently require travelling (e.g. to construction/ operations/manufacturing sites/ etc. of our contractors).
Important remark: the first mission will be to be allocated as a Project Quality Manager to the existing Groix & belle Ile floating offshore wind project.
Your job as a Quality Manager: 1. Define and implement a Quality Management System based upon ISO for Shell-EOLFI.
- Incorporates Shell - EOLFI vision, strategies and annual plan into functional plans;
- Responsible for the setup and implementation of the quality Management System based upon ISO for Shell-EOLFI;
- Develop and manage the Shell-EOLFI Quality department by collaborating with the Shell Quality group to set up the necessary organization for meeting business objectives;
- Improve processes and implement a Quality Culture consistent with the onshore/ offshore and Shell-EOLFI business;
- Collect and disseminate key Lessons Learned and Industry best practices to the business making sure these are considered at project level;
- Development of audits and evaluation on the Quality Management System (QMS) requirements across all projects;
- Develop and implement Quality reporting system;
- Actively support onshore/ offshore projects by carrying out a proper evaluation of contractors including audits and inspections during both the tender, fabrication, installation and commissioning of main components;
- Maintain Quality policy, process & procedures development, documentation and ensure that they are in-line with Shell-EOLFI Business requirements and operate without conflict against existing Shell New Energies requirements, including the evaluation of effectiveness on site and project execution level;
- Proposes simplifications and improvements of Shell-EOLFI Quality Management System (continuous improvements/ lessons learned);
- Provides input to Shell-EOLFI corporate budget and be accountable for controlling costs and meeting Quality budget at a Corporate Level. Develop a list of Quality projects/initiatives, establish priorities and resources (external contractor, internal Shell, etc.) in support to Quality management;
- Communicates performance and opportunities to executive leadership. Works with executive leadership to navigate the path forward to meet both short and long-term objectives;
- Review the performance of the function as a whole in conjunction with the Leadership teams and develops appropriate succession and development plans.
Your job as a Quality Manager: 2. Deliver direct support to different project teams across our On- and Offshore projects portfolio
- Maintain an open communication and cooperative relationship with Leadership Team and Contractors Quality managers;
- Pro-actively identify and manage Quality issues and advise senior project management and other senior business leaders on Quality performance;
- Ensure that Shell-EOLFI standards as well as general quality standards are being implemented;
- Setup the project quality plan and suggesting improvements to the plan;
- Review contractor’s quality plans and conduct contractor Audits;
- Make sure that complying with the Shell-EOLFI Quality Management System (as well as to all applicable instructions and processes in the Shell-EOLFI Management System) is part of the project strategy supported by the quality plan;
- Suggest needed changes in the Project Specification or Plan;
- Coordinate all inspections, quality related documented and other quality related activities;
- Follow up on project quality performance of contractors according to law and contract;
- Communicate project quality plan to all appropriate project stakeholders.
Skills and requirements
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering or other academic qualification with relevant experience
- Min. 10 years of experience as a Quality Manager, Project Quality Manager or Lead Auditor
- Experience in large-scale energy and/or infrastructure projects
- Experience in the Offshore wind and Onshore solar/PV/Wind Sectors would be highly beneficial
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Structured, accurate and efficient way of working
- Good analytical understanding
- Good communication skills
- High degree of one’s own initiative, engagement and reliability
- Lead Auditor ISO 9001 certified (IRCA certified)
The role is based in Paris, France. It could include business travel to different locations.
Réf : Eolfi_MQ
Contact : email@example.com