- Start date : october 2021
- Report to : Technical & Projects Services Manager
- Type of contract : CDI
- Location : France
EOLFI is a company specializing in the renewable energy sector for floating offshore wind, onshore wind and photovoltaics, developing its own ENR solutions, on behalf of third-party investors or in partnership with local authorities. EOLFI is an operator with a global offer and manages projects in France and abroad. Since December 2019, EOLFI has joined the Shell Group.
The IEC project certification engineer is responsible for interfacing with and managing the Certification Body (CB) and ensuring the project obtains CB project certification. He will manage the time, budget, scope, quality, risk, interfaces, safety and resources (if any) within the workstream.
- Interface and ability to effectively communicate with everyone from Contractors to Project Team; Demonstrated ability to manage multiple subcontractors and relationships simultaneously and to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise,
- Proactive approach to work, possess a high degree of autonomy and initiatives,
- Reports operationally to the concerned Project Manager(s) and hierarchically to the Technical Services Manager.
This position is part of the Technical Services team that supports the GBI project and other floating offshore wind developments worldwide and covers following duties:
- Lead project certification tasks as integrated part of offshore wind project teams for all phases of the project, from development to engineering, procurement, construction, installation till O&M,
- Support product development projects in certification aspects,
- Plan and define the project certification strategy (as for instance letter of comfort) and then support project specific implementation of certification processes, aligned with projects wind certification strategy and national regulatory requirements; and therefore, ensure certification documents and process are defined, prepared, reviewed, approved, updated and aligned to Project Execution Plan,
- Ensure project certification requirements are represented in commercial agreements and contracts (e.g. access to documentation and sites, timelines, interfaces),
- Conduct sourcing processes together with P&C to contract required certification services, lead of technical and support of commercial negotiations with certification bodies,
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate certification process to ensure deliverables from project / suppliers (documents, audits, inspections) are provided/aligned to/with CB as well as results (reports, statements, certificates) are presented by CB in due time and quality,
- Coordinate document review process and interfaces during load iteration (as generally on the critical path and most technical topic) and foundation design processes between CB, project team and suppliers,
- Handle reporting of certification work package and provide input to internal decision processes; provide feedback to schedule manager, aligned with packages subject to certification; Identify certification risks and implement mitigations to manage these,
- Take on technical matters in support of other work packages contribution to timely close out of certification related requirements,
- Participate in the development and optimization of the certification of wind farms, harmonizing way of working in field of certification, including writing the company standards and best practices and implementing lessons learned.
This position will also support the EOLFI’s Project Technical team on the IEC certification aspects for ongoing and future commercial Offshore wind projects worldwide (up to 20% of his working time).
- Experience in Offshore Windfarm IEC certification activities or similar complex works
- Needs to have a proactive personality with “drive” to push forward tasks
- Ability and fitness to work offshore as well as at height (as could be required for spot missions)
- Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Naval architect Engineer / Master Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years industry experience in IEC certification positions in Offshore Wind business (fixed or floating) is mandatory
- Good written and oral communication in English; French speaking would be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of EN 61400-22 and associated IEC
In addition to the technical and project management skills described above, the successful candidate will need to be a strong team player with effective communication and relationship skills.
Your application (CV + cover letter) should be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
By specifying in the subject line of your email the reference Eolfi_IEC
10, place de Catalogne
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
Fax : + 33 1 40 07 97 36
18, rue du Sous-Marin Vénus
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
7, rue du Docteur Fiolle
Tel : +33 4 91 37 63 72
Parc Club du Millénaire
1025, rue Henri Becquerel
Tel. : +33 1 40 07 95 00
11 bis Promenade Europa
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00