- Start date : as soon as possible
- Report to : project Services Manager
- Type of contract : CDI
- Location : France
EOLFI is a company specializing in the renewable energy sector for floating offshore wind, onshore wind and photovoltaics, developing its own ENR solutions, on behalf of third-party investors or in partnership with local authorities. EOLFI is an operator with a global offer and manages projects in France and abroad. Since December 2019, EOLFI has joined the Shell Group.
This position is part of the Project Services team of EOLFI, itself part of the offshore wind division of Shell New Energies. The position supports the GBI project and other floating offshore wind developments worldwide.
In coordination with the Company's other entities, the Project Risk Engineer handles the overall integrated TECOP management and provides support for the coordination of activities related to the development and subsequent completion of one or more of the company's wind projects, mainly on floating offshore wind, on the following aspects:
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Shell - EOLFI and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices ;
- Incorporates Shell - EOLFI vision, strategies and annual plan into functional plans ;
- Drive the compliance, standardization and efficiency of Functional/business policies, processes, and systems across Shell-EOLFI ;
- Create project risk strategies, preparing and implementing a risk management plan as well as driving risk management in compliance with tenders/ projects policies ;
- Manage the processes of risk management: planning and identifying risks, performing qualitative as well as quantitative analyses, planning risk responses, monitoring and controlling risks ;
- Recover and process data related to risks relating to the main packages of projects (turbines, floaters, inter-array cables, ports...) and other stakeholders of the projects, both domestic (development, environmental studies, impact studies, permit applications..., legal, shareholders...) as well as external (AMOA, MWS, TSO, construction ports, logistics and/or maintenance, etc.) ;
- Prepare risk reports and analyses to support management in decision making ;
- Set up and maintain a project risk register as well as response plan templates and other documentation, together with the engineering and management team ;
- Train risk owners in risk management and proactively work in the project teams to develop risk mitigation actions, aiming to reduce project risk exposure ;
- Identify best practices and contributing to the continuous improvement of processes, tools, and templates; communicate the risk strategy within the project as well as to Corporate & support functions the country lead and headquarters ;
- Undertake risk modeling by using Monte Carlo simulations to provide CAPEX, OPEX, regulatory and lifetime structures as well as price structures ;
- Collaborate closely with planning, interface, and change control functions ;
- If necessary, defined and coordinates the resources necessary to implement its missions, participate in the recruitment process of its team, ;
- Participate to all aspects of the ORS requirement and assurance plan of an SOV on behalf of the Asset Owner ;
- Assist the project team to navigate into Shell JV operating standards/ control framework, and the different processes toward a FID acceptance of the project ;
- Supports and challenges Project Directors and project team ;
- Involvement in the very early phase of an opportunity may require to develop preliminary cost estimates and schedule with the assistance of other project services team members.
In addition, the Project Risk Engineer will have to assist the company for the scope that concerns it in the development of future projects in France and abroad, in the establishment and drafting of files responding to calls for projects in France and internationally for aspects related to its lot.
The position calls for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial and responsible individual with the ability to perform well under pressure, and able to adapt to an evolving internal and external environment.
- Strong Shell internal network, experience and insights relevant to FID process in SOV environment.
- Be able to cover a wide scope of activities and priorities.
We’re keen to hear from men and women with technical expertise and experience within the offshore wind industry. Alongside your natural people skills, we’d also hope to see as much of the following on your CV:
- >3 years of experience in offshore wind. Experience in floating wind is a plus
- 5+ years’ experience in Risk Management including Monte Carlo analysis, CSRA
- A full understanding of stakes associated with offshore wind projects (technical, budget, planning,)
- Experience in interactions and interface needs between various teams involved: technical, development, QHSE, tendering,
- Significant experience with risk management is essential and you will be confident communicating with contractors and customers about project objectives and constraints
- Ability and interest to deep-dive into complex analytical issues; mastery of MS Office tools (e.g., Excel) to support these analytics is required
- Excellent coordination and cooperation skills; a team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and gain recognition as the authority for risk management
- Proactive approach to work, possess a high degree of autonomy and initiatives,
- Task-related willingness to travel, nationally as well as internationally
- Minimal level in French language required (contract package mostly in French)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
In addition to the technical and project management skills described above, the successful candidate will need to be a strong team player with effective communication and relationship skills.
Your application (CV + cover letter) should be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
By specifying in the subject line of your email the reference Eolfi_RiskEng
10, place de Catalogne
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
Fax : + 33 1 40 07 97 36
18, rue du Sous-Marin Vénus
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
7, rue du Docteur Fiolle
Tel : +33 4 91 37 63 72
Parc Club du Millénaire
1025, rue Henri Becquerel
Tel. : +33 1 40 07 95 00
11 bis Promenade Europa
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00