- Start date : as soon as possible
- Report to : project services manager
- Type of contract : CDI
- Location : France
EOLFI is a company specializing in the renewable energy sector for floating offshore wind, onshore wind and photovoltaics, developing its own ENR solutions, on behalf of third-party investors or in partnership with local authorities. EOLFI is an operator with a global offer and manages projects in France and abroad. Since December 2019, EOLFI has joined the Shell Group.
This position is part of the Project Services team of Eolfi, itself part of the offshore wind division of Shell New Energies. The Project Services team is involved in floating offshore wind projects from the early prospection phases, through FID to the installation/commissioning and O&M.
In coordination with the Company's other entities, the Project Services Engineer provides support for the activities related to the development and subsequent completion of one or more of the company's wind projects, mainly on floating offshore wind, on the following aspects:
Ensure that HSE requirements ("0 accident") and quality (QA/QC, non-compliance management - NCR, quality plan - ITP, reception audits, etc.) are taken into account;
Depending on the development phase of the project, roles and accountabilities can be summarized as management and enablement of the following activities:
- Establish and implement the project controls process and system
- Recover and process data related to Project Control for the main packages of projects and other stakeholders of the projects, both domestic and external
- Coordinates the team involved on the project to deliver, maintain and manage standard and consistent full suite of Project Services to the project:
- Develop the cost management procedures
- Develop the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Provide project management support in the development of CBS, estimates, records and forecasts for the timely submission into the investment documentation.
- Provide project management support in the development of the WBS, activities, logic, resources and progress of the integrated project schedule, i.e. baseline
- Provide the Project Manager with reports and progress updates, forecast completions, together with the critical path and trend analyses.
- Identify the slippages on these subjects, propose mitigation and/or catch-up measures and follow up on them until the project is back on tracks
- Manage all aspects of the ORS requirement and assurance plan of an SOV on behalf of the Asset Owner
- Facilitate internal and external Project Monthly reviews
- Manage document control and management in connection with the document control manager, ensure the recovery, review and comment (within foreseen duration) and proper management of documents
- Create a clear relationship with the Finance and Contracting & Procurement functions in the project and align the respective roles, responsibilities and deliverables
- Contribute to close-out reports as input to Lessons Learned and benchmarking efforts for other Shell projects.
Focal point to develop team competency of Project Controls, inspiring and supporting excellence
Driving deployment (and improvement) of standardized project controls practices and tools
Capturing best practices and maintaining lessons learned knowledge base
Participate in the drafting and negotiation of potential contracts and framework agreements associated with Project Control
In addition, the Project Services Engineer will have to assist the company for the scope that concerns it in the development of future projects in France and abroad, in the establishment and drafting of files responding to calls for projects in France and internationally for aspects related to its lot.
The position calls for a self-motivated, entrepreneurial and responsible individual with the ability to perform well under pressure, and able to adapt to an evolving internal and external environment.
- Strong Shell internal network, experience and insights relevant to FID process in SOV environment.
- Be able to cover a wide scope of activities and priorities.
We’re keen to hear from men and women with technical expertise and experience within the offshore wind industry. Alongside your natural people skills, we’d also hope to see as much of the following on your CV:
- >5 years of experience in offshore wind. Experience in floating wind is a plus
- 7+ years’ experience in project management. Client-side knowledge is a plus
- A full understanding of stakes associated with offshore wind projects (technical, budget, planning, risks…)
- Experience in interactions and interface needs between various teams involved: technical, development, QHSE, tendering
- Proactive approach to work, possess a high degree of autonomy and initiatives,
- Must possess an unwavering focus on hazard/HSE management, integrity and quality including the Safety Leadership approach
- Significant experience with contract management is essential and you will be confident communicating with contractors and customers about project objectives, planning, costs and risk
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders and gain recognition as the authority for project controls
- Able to deliver and receive constructive feedback, and to be open to new approaches and ways of working
- Task-related willingness to travel, nationally as well as internationally
- Good written and oral communication in English & French
In addition to the technical and project management skills described above, the successful candidate will need to be a strong team player with effective communication and relationship skills.
Your application (CV + cover letter) should be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
By specifying in the subject line of your email the reference Eolfi_ProSerEng
10, place de Catalogne
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
Fax : + 33 1 40 07 97 36
18, rue du Sous-Marin Vénus
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
7, rue du Docteur Fiolle
Tel : +33 4 91 37 63 72
Parc Club du Millénaire
1025, rue Henri Becquerel
Tel. : +33 1 40 07 95 00
11 bis Promenade Europa
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00