- Start date : as soon as possible
- Report to : Sr Offshore Project Development Manager West
- Type of contract : CDI
- Location : France (Marseilles or Montpellier)
EOLFI is a company specializing in the renewable energy sector for floating offshore wind, onshore wind and photovoltaics, developing its own ENR solutions, on behalf of third-party investors or in partnership with local authorities. EOLFI is an operator with a global offer and manages projects in France and abroad. Since December 2019, EOLFI has joined the Shell Group.
The candidate will support Eolfi's floating offshore wind developments on the various maritime facades in France and with a focus on the Méditerranean coast. The position plays a key role in driving the overall Eolfi’s strategy and in supporting successful offshore wind project developments.
Primary focus for this role will be to support Shell/Eolfi for implementing the Stakeholder strategy for first commercial FOW tenders in Mediterranean coast. EOLFI – Shell is a wholly owned renewable energies subsidiary of Shell and is fully integrated into the Renewables & Energy Solutions business.
Consenting / environmental & social impact management
- To manage all studies involving Shell in Meditereanean sea for consenting, environmental & social impact
- To support Environmental team for all request regarding the Mediterranean seaTo contribute to the development of mitigation measures including local compensation measures
- To define planning for permitting depending on the preliminary studies and local regulatory process
- If requested, to manage the relation and communication with local authorities with regards to the permitting process
Community liaison officer for Mediterranean Offshore Wind Project & opportunities
- To define stakeholder engagement plan and to engage local stakeholders
- To manage day to day consent-seeking dialogues locally.
- To manage interface between local stakeholders (Local Authorities, Regulators, monitoring committee, design offices, environmental associations, sea users, etc.) and internal project teams (environment, technical, project management, HSSE, communication, external relations).
- To Maintain an active network of local and national external parties that can contribute to creating business and societal value.
- To monitor the execution of offshore surveys during pre-construction and construction phases to ensure good communication and understanding of the issues by local stakeholders.
- Lead/prepare/facilitate local engagement during public meetings or local workshops to promote projects & developments with local stakeholders (including local R&D environmental & social studies)
- To participate in the identification and local promotion of priority commercial areas in including in the analysis of social acceptability that may influence the choice of areas.
Support offshore wind tenders
- To support bid-submission on offshore wind tenders: provide community profile needed to define appropriate community engagement strategies and collaborate with CR and project teams to create the local stakeholder engagement plan, including identification, mapping, strategy and monitoring
- To prepare and to participate in tender public consultation meetings, environmental and social working groups and any other local action to promote and support the projects developments
- To drive all the studies related to the future project development including the Impact Assessment and regulatory process
- To contribute to the bid-writing process (write/review) content according to the tender rules defined by the Government
In addition, the role may include as well contributions in the monitoring of research and development programs on environmental and acceptability in which Eolfi is involved, particularly through academic research organizations.
There may be as well opportunity to support on stakeholder engagements other project or opportunity outside of France.
Interface with multiple internal & external stakeholders
Ability to effectively communicate externally with multiple kind of stakeholders
Proactive approach to work, possess a high degree of autonomy and initiative
Skills and Requirements
- Strong project management skills and ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the project team as well as with external stakeholders
- Good knowledge of French offshore wind business and regulatory context (incl. permitting) or willing to learn fast
- Knowledge of the (floating) offshore wind project (development, and technical) or willing to learn fast
- Ability to manage Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
- Ability to understand the local stakeholders’ expectations and to put preventive and corrective actions to ensure acceptability
- Adaptability adapt the behaviors according to the different stakeholders including potential opponents
- Flexibility & resilience in front of potential external oppositions
Education and Experience
- Master or Engineering Degree with relevant experience in Environmental/consenting Management, territorial planning, or political sciences management
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in offshore wind project development, consent activities, environment and/or other offshore sectors
- Requires high adaptability to situations/cultures/environments
- Native French speaker and good written and oral communication
- English speaking
- Ability to engage and create solid relationships through a variety of face-to-face (and virtual) engagements
Your application (CV + cover letter) should be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
By specifying in the subject line of your email the reference Eolfi_C&D Med
10, place de Catalogne
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
Fax : + 33 1 40 07 97 36
18, rue du Sous-Marin Vénus
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
7, rue du Docteur Fiolle
Tel : +33 4 91 37 63 72
Parc Club du Millénaire
1025, rue Henri Becquerel
Tel. : +33 1 40 07 95 00
11 bis Promenade Europa
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00