- Start date : as soon as possible
- Report to : Technical manager
- Type of contract : CDI
- Location : France
EOLFI is a company specializing in the renewable energy sector for floating offshore wind, onshore wind and photovoltaics, developing its own ENR solutions, on behalf of third-party investors or in partnership with local authorities. EOLFI is an operator with a global offer and manages projects in France and abroad. Since December 2019, EOLFI has joined the Shell Group.
Shell wants to become a leading floating offshore wind developer and operator in the world by 2025.
The acquisition of EOLFI is supporting this ambition including Groix and Belle-Ile (GBI), a pre-commercial floating wind project in Brittany, France developed by EOLFI. The GBI project has a 28.5MW capacity with three floaters and 9.5MW WTGs.
This position is part of the Technical Services team that supports the floating offshore wind developments worldwide (and especially the ongoing first 250MW floating offshore wind tender in South, Britany, France) and covers following duties:
- Ensure company QHSE requirements (0 accident, manage non-conformities, quality plan including ITP, acceptance tests at site or factory…)
- Management and coordination of technical aspects for his projects / tenders including design and technical studies performed internally as the ones performed by partners, suppliers, contractors in accordance with specifications, scope of works, Employer’s requirements and/or tender documents and project / bidding strategy,
- Manage multidisciplinary collaborative technical team: work package managers (turbine, floater, electrical), transversal experts (interfaces, O&M, EPCI / industrialization, harbors, infrastructures and logistics, transport and installation, commissioning …), lead discipline engineers and experts (integrated load analysis…); facilitate interdisciplinary cooperation, information sharing,
- Manage interfaces between main project packages (floater, inter-array cables, harbors…) and other project stakeholders (internal as development for site data, environmental impact assessment and permits/authorizations, shareholders… as external as Certification Body, Marine Warranty Surveyor, grid operator, construction and marshalling and O&M harbors, O&M…); Ensure good integration from interfaces from other duties and packages,
- If third party / external support required, prepare, drive and manage the tenders (express client’s needs through « Employer’s Requirements », functional specifications, Scope of Works, Request For Quotes, select suppliers or contractors…) in coordination with project team and P&C; develop partnerships with potential engineering companies and be focal point for exchanges with them,
- Participate to writing and negotiation of early works engineering contracts if any, of budgets (DEVEX, CAPEX, OPEX),
- Follow up review and comment of technical documentation by team and approve such as per schedule, ensuring adequate level of quality; ensure and formalize reporting, lessons learned and closing of Final Documentation,
- Manage proactively schedule, budgets, resources, risks and opportunities for his project / tender,
- Ensure a technical support to commercial discussions for the main packages (turbine, floater…).
- Interface and ability to effectively communicate with everyone from Contractors to Project Team,
- Proactive approach to work, possess a high degree of autonomy and initiatives,
- Reports operationally to the Tender / Project Manager and hierarchically to the Technical Services Manager.
- Used to engineering and/or project management,
- Experience in Offshore Wind (at least bottom-fixed, floating would be a plus) or Oil & Gas,
- Technical knowledge of main packages as turbine, floater, cables, manufacturing and construction, offshore transport and installation, commissioning, O&M.
- Electrical or Structural or Mechanical or Naval architecture Engineer Degree or equivalent experience,
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years industry experience in engineering management positions in Offshore Wind business (fixed or floating) or Oil & gas is mandatory,
- Project Management qualification (PMI or equivalent) would be a plus
- Good written and oral communication in English AND French (as French tenders process are mainly held in French).
In addition to the technical and project management skills described above, the successful candidate will need to be a strong team player with effective communication and relationship skills.
The role is based in Paris, France or alternatively in Nantes, France. It could include business travel to different locations worldwide and potentially offshore works.
Your application (CV + cover letter) should be sent to the address email@example.com
By specifying in the subject line of your email the reference Eolfi_PTM
10, place de Catalogne
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
Fax : + 33 1 40 07 97 36
18, rue du Sous-Marin Vénus
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00
7, rue du Docteur Fiolle
Tel : +33 4 91 37 63 72
Parc Club du Millénaire
1025, rue Henri Becquerel
Tel. : +33 1 40 07 95 00
11 bis Promenade Europa
Tel : + 33 1 40 07 95 00