At EOLFI, we recognize and believe that excellence in Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Security performance is critical to the success of our business activities and operations.
This applies to all employees, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, partners, shareholders, stakeholders and members of the public who may be affected by the activities of the company. Current Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Security legislation, best industry practices and recognized industrial and international standards, codes, norms, laws, regulations and guidelines shall always be complied with.
At EOLFI, we are committed to preventing:
•Injuries and occupational illness
•Damage to or loss of property or equipment
•Harm to the environment
•Security infringements at our offices and worksites
Our goal is to achieve Zero Harm/Incidents by the implementation of strong leadership, commitment, personal accountability, training, setting of performance standards and continuous performance measurement.
To achieve these aims, EOLFI will:
- Uphold HSE and Security as a Core business value to the Company to achieve the elimination of unsafe acts and conditions;
- Foster a positive and progressive HSE and Security culture throughout our organization, to ensure that everyone working on an EOLFI worksite and project, works in accordance with our HSE and Security standards, applicable legislation and best industry practices;
- Provide a safe working environment and appropriate welfare facilities for all employees, working on our worksite and project;
- Provide appropriate HSE and Security training for employees to enable the safe performance of work activities. Every job will be practiced safely, no matter how important or urgent it is. Same is expected from contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, partners, shareholders, stakeholders;
- Encourage employees and contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, partners, shareholders, stakeholders to raise issues relative to HSE and Security. Each near miss we learn from reduces the chance of harm next time. In addition, all employees have a firm duty to apply, embrace and comply with EOLFI’s Stop-work policy;
- Identify hazards, assess risks and, where reasonably practicable, eliminate or reduce hazards and risks to an As Low As Reasonably Practicable level.
The company has appointed a Director to represent Health, Safety, Environment and Security, who will ensure the provision of an effective organization and arrangements for the implementation of this policy.
Every employee has an obligation to take utmost care for their own safety and for the safety of other people who may be affected by their acts or omissions. They are also obliged to cooperate with their employer in respect of matters concerning Health, Safety, Environment and Security. The involvement and cooperation of employees at all levels is essential for the effective implementation of this policy.